The Voidspace Shareware License
Follow my exploration of living a spiritual life and finding the kingdom at Unpolished Musings.
This is the license that applies to all the Voidspace Shareware Programs. I sell executable versions of these programs, but am happy for the Python source code to be freely available. This is subject to certain restrictions, which protect my commercial interests.
Software Piracy harms the Open Source Projects that these programs support.
In fairly straightforward terms, the shareware restrictions are :
- There is no warranty of any kind for these programs.
- You are free to create derivative works based on these programs. These
derivative works are subject to these same restrictions and
- Must include a copy of this license.
- Must include an attribution and link (to the homepage of the project, within the www.voidspace.org.uk domain). These must be in the project documentation, not just the source code.
- You are free to distribute the source code. You must include this license and make it clear that it is created by me. If you are distributing them via a website you must include a link to the project homepage.
- You must not sell, or otherwise gain financially from distributing, these projects (or derivatives). This restriction includes distribution via shareware compilations or magazine coverdisks.
- You must not link to, create (even for personal use), or distribute executables, binaries or installers of these projects (or derivatives) for any platform. That includes any distribution that could be seen as directly or indirectly competing with the products I sell.
If you have any doubts about whether your inteded use is covered by these terms, or you need a variation on these terms (including enquiries about redistribution franchises), please Contact Me.
If you just want to use the code, this is a very unrestrictive license. It comes with the usual disclaimer: test it, break it, just don't blame me if it eats your data! Of course if it does, let me know and I'll fix the problem so that it doesn't happen to anyone else .
Copyright (c) 2003-2007, Michael Foord All rights reserved. E-mail : fuzzyman AT voidspace DOT org DOT uk Redistribution and use in source forms with or without modification, is permitted provided that the following conditions are met (in addition to the restrictions above) : * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Neither the name of Michael Foord nor the name of Voidspace may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Alternatively, for fun and interesing programs, browse over to the Voidspace Shareware Page.
If you use any of my code in your projects, then a link back would be nice. If you let me know about any of your projects that use them; then I can link to you as examples.
To search the internet for Python related topics, use Python Search. It only returns results relevant to Python programming, from a list of over fifteen hundred domains.
For buying techie books, science fiction, computer hardware or the latest gadgets: visit The Voidspace Amazon Store.
Last edited Tue Aug 2 00:51:34 2011.